How To Lose Weight Fast At Home In 10 Days (With Expert Tips)
Diet, workout, and lifestyle advice to shed those extra pounds and see quick results.
Quick weight loss is possible with the right lifestyle and nutrition. So, if you are keen on knowing how to lose weight in 10 days, you have come to the right place for advice. Here, we list the 10 best foods, lifestyle tips, and exercises to help you shed some pounds in 10 days. Read on to learn more!
Note: The results depend on your age, height, and medical history.
In This Article
10 Simple Tips To Lose Weight Fast At Home
1. Load Up On Dietary Fiber
The best way to reduce calorie intake is by incorporating more fiber into your diet. The recommended amount is about 30 grams a day.
Soluble fiber absorbs water and transforms into a gel during digestion. Insoluble fiber remains undigested as it passes through your system. Both types of fiber slow down the process of digestion and help you feel fuller for longer (1).
Expert Tip By Steve Maxwell (Fitness Coach)
- Cut out starchy carbohydrate foods – e.g., sugars, starches, pastry, and bread of all kinds. Fresh fruit is fine.
- Eat a large, raw vegetable salad each day and a serving of animal protein four times a week.
- Stop excessive water drinking.
Steve Maxwell: www.maxwellsc.com
2. Avoid Consuming Simple Carbs
Simple carbohydrates are digested quickly and cause a spike in blood sugar levels. This, in turn, causes an increase in calorie intake (2). That is why you must limit the intake of simple carbs. Avoid refined flour, refined sugar, candy, pastries, packaged foods, ketchup, sauces, etc. that are loaded with simple carbs. Instead, consume veggies, fruits, and whole grains, which are great sources of complex carbsi XA type of carbohydrate that contains more glucose than other foods because of longer chains of sugar molecules. (or dietary fiber).
Expert Tip By Hayden William Courtland (Personal Trainer)
- Decrease your consumption of refined carbohydrates and replace with more protein and healthy fats.
- When working out, use shorter bouts of high-intensity exercise (i.e., 10 min of on and off sprints) more frequently than long, slow exercises (i.e., steady pace treadmill running).
- Make sure you are getting plenty of quality sleep at night (at least 7 hours, preferably
Hayden William Courtland:www.scienceforfitness.com
3. Consume Healthy Or Good Fats
Not all fat is bad. Most junk foods contain unhealthy or saturated fats, which are responsible for an array of diseases. Unsaturated fats, which are found in avocado, olive oil, and nuts, can help lower cholesterol and the risk for heart diseases when consumed in moderation.
Expert Tip By Dave Asprey (Founder Bulletproof 360 Inc. and Bulletproof Nutrition Inc. / Lifestyle Guru)
- Switch from inflammation-causing vegetable oil back to the highly stable healthy ghee your grandmother used.
- Replace rice and potatoes with more vegetables. Cauliflower makes a great replacement for rice in any style of cooking but doesn’t end up on your hips.
- Fructose, even from fruit, will give you food cravings all day if you have it for breakfast. If you eat fruit, eat it after dinner, not in the morning, so you can sleep during the food cravings.
Dave Asprey: www.upgradedself.com
4. Incorporate A Workout Regimen Into Your Routine
Exercising regularly helps burn calories and boosts metabolism. It also helps in maintaining lean muscle. Lean muscles contain more mitochondria (the cell organelles in which glucose is converted to ATP). This, in turn, boosts your metabolism.
Get 3-5 hours of exercise per week. Choose a workout that interests you (gym, swim, play, dance, etc.). Also, make sure you tweak your calorie intake as per your activity level. The more you workout, the more calories from healthy food you must consume.
Expert Tip By Victoria Garcia Drago (Yoga Instructor)
- If you only have 10 days, and you want to get quick results, you may opt for an organic juice cleanse for 3 days to shock your body and boost your metabolism.
- After the juice cleanse, drink plenty of water (room temperature is best as drinking iced water can be harsh for the digestive system) with a few slices of lemon, limes, (and in the summer you can add sliced cucumbers) to keep your body hydrated, your skin radiant, and your stomach filled.
- The last tip is mindfulness and discipline. Stay active. Remember that exercise is important to maintaining a healthy weight.
Victoria Garcia Drago:http://victoriagarciadrago.com/
5. Avoid Junk Food Completely
Carbonated drinks, tea or coffee with milk and refined sugar, candies, chocolates, wafers, fries, fried chicken, ranch dips, etc. are some examples of junk food. These are high in calories as well as unhealthy trans fats.
However, remember, not all low-calorie foods are good either! For example, diet soda – it contains 0 calories, but it also has 0 nutritional value.
Avoid consuming artificial, frozen, over fried, and processed foods.
Expert Tip By Matt Swierzysnki (Personal Trainer)
- Reduce consumption of ’empty’ calories. For instance, biscuits, fizzy drinks, processed foods.
- Get active daily – walk, run, cycle, swim, dance, play sports, etc. Make exercise fun and challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone.
- Drink more water and also eat smaller portions 4-6 times throughout the day – use smaller plates and dishes.
Matt Swierzysnki: www.mattswaz.co.uk
6. Choose Healthy Snacks
Unhealthy snacking is the biggest culprit that causes weight gain. Fries, chips, and cookies do nothing to fill us up but add a lot of refined carbs, sugar, and unhealthy fats. Opt for snacks that have high fiber content. Consume fruits, nuts, seeds, green tea, herbal tea, black coffee without sugar or milk, and protein shakes as snacks also try the pineapple diet.
Expert Tip By Jaime Mcfaden (Health and Fitness Coach)
- Stay away from any food man-made! This goes for anything in a package or something that isn’t fresh. Try to eat lots of vegetables and lean proteins (fish, chicken, egg whites, beans…) Take it back to the basics, and you will see results – extra water will help too! Put in the goods and flush out the bad stuff.
- Cut the sugar and booze – it’s only 10 days you can do it. Check for hidden sugar in things like salad dressing, drinks, and sauces – this is typically the HARDEST for my clients, so it deserves its own reminder.
Jaime Mcfaden: www.wheybyj.com
7. Eat Smaller Portions
When you see more food on your plate, you tend to eat more (3). Hence, it makes sense to serve yourself smaller portions. This will prevent overeating and help you lose weight – without having to give up your favorite foods.
Tip: Eat in a small plate to make the portion appear more than what you can consume.
Expert Tip by Alex Curtis (Yoga Instructor)
- Portion Control – Being able to visualize portion sizes is an important diet tool. If you understand what a portion really looks like, you will be able to monitor how much you are consuming.
- Clean Eating – The foods we purchase daily are filled with added preservatives and sugars. Refined sugars are a diet disaster. It is important to limit processed foods. Aim to eat foods that contain less than 6 ingredients. Try not to eat things that have sugar as one of the top 4 ingredients. This can be written as sugar, corn syrup, fructose, and many other names.
- Small, Frequent Meals – It is important to not let yourself get hungry. In order to keep your energy up and your metabolism going, you need to eat about every 4 hours.
8. Cook Your Meals
With work and miscellaneous other tasks demanding your attention, cooking your meals can seem like too much of a chore. But if you are looking to lose weight, this is a great step you can take. You get to keep the calorie count in mind, you eat freshly cooked food, it is cost-effective, and helps you control the portion size.
Expert Tip By Nicole Chaplin (Master Personal Trainer)
- Plan and write down your meals. This will help you keep on track and allow you to monitor the amount of food and beverages you are taking. The cleaner and healthier you eat, the better and quicker you will see results.
- Get moving. The best way to lose weight and lose it rapidly is to burn more calories. If you can do a jog for 15 minutes, go for it and add an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Drink Enough Water
Drinking enough water is crucial for weight loss. Insufficient water intake could be misinterpreted as hunger by your brain, which may cause you to overeat. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry at an odd time.
Expert Tip By Dai Manuel (Lifestyle Mentor)
- Drink MORE water.
- Eat LESS (all about creating a calorie deficit – eating a little less than what your body needs – you can do this by eating a little less, and moving a little more – I prefer doing a combo of both).
- Move MORE (starting with the 1% solution – just 15 minutes per day – we all have 15 minutes).
Dai Manuel: www.daimanuel.com
10. Avoid Getting Stressed Out
Stress triggers the secretion of cortisol, which turns on your hunger hormones, causing you to eat emotionally. Stress also increases inflammation in the body, resulting in inflammation-induced weight gain. Whenever you are stressed out, take a walk, run, talk to a friend, sleep, or seek advice from a professional therapist. You may also take up a hobby, learn a new skill, travel, read, work for an NGO, maintain a “feelings” journal, and meditate regularly.
Expert Tip By Amber Ellison Walker (Co-Founder And Head)
- Get Enough Sleep: So much is dependent on how much sleep you get every night; hormone levels, stress, decision-making abilities, general mood, and appetite.
- Don’t Expect Miracles: It’s common to want to meet your goals as quickly as possible. With weight loss, the slow and steady path is always the long term winner.
- 3. Pay Attention: Are you actually hungry when you eat? Do you stop eating before you feel overstuffed? Are you eating mindlessly while you watch TV?
Amber Ellison Walker: www.happyhumanfitness.com/personal-trainer-blog/
These are 10 tips to lose weight in 10 days. Here’s a 10-day diet plan to help you understand how to space your meals and what and how much to eat.
|Breakfast (8:30 A.M.)||Lunch (12.30 P.M.)||Snack (3:00 P.M.)||Dinner (6:30 P.M.)|
|Day 1||1 cup of water with the juice of ½ a lime||Oatmeal + 1 cup of green tea||3 oz grilled chicken + assorted veggies + 1 cup of buttermilk||Green tea and 10 in-shell pistachios||3 oz grilled fish or sautéed mushrooms and veggies|
|Day 2||1 cup of water with the juice of ½ a lime||Eggs and toast + 1 cup of green tea||Dahl soup with vegetables + 1 cup of Greek yogurt||1 cup of coconut water + 1 orange||Quinoa and tofu salad|
|Day 3||1 cup of water with the juice of ½ a lime||Eggs and toast + 1 cup of green tea||Tuna salad with light dressing + 1 cup of buttermilk||1 banana + 4-6 almonds + 2 dates||1 cup of kidney bean chili + cucumber, carrot, and beetroot salad|
|Day 4||2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds soaked overnight in 1 cup of water||Acai bowl||1 cup of brown rice + kidney bean chili + 1 cup of curd||1 cup of green tea + 1 multigrain biscuit||Chicken or mushroom soup|
|Day 5||2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds soaked overnight in 1 cup of water||Vegetable quinoa + 1 cup of green tea||Sautéed mushrooms + assorted fresh vegetables + 1 cup of buttermilk||1 cup of green tea + 1 multigrain biscuit||3 oz grilled salmon or tofu with veggies + 1 square of dark (80% or more) chocolate|
|Day 6||2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds soaked overnight in 1 cup of water||Vegetable semolina + 1 cup of green tea||Chicken soup with veggies||Baby carrots and hummus||½ cup of cauliflower rice + 3 oz grilled chicken or mushrooms|
|Day 7||1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water||Oatmeal||1 prawn/tofu burrito||1 cucumber||Wheat spaghetti and meatballs (treat this as a cheat meal)|
|Day 8||1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water||Blueberry, almonds, and chia bowl||Dahl soup with veggies||½ cup Bengal gram salad||Vegetable oats + 1 cup of warm milk with a pinch of turmeric|
|Day 9||1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup water||Eggs and bacon + toast + 1 cup of green tea||Grilled fish + assorted veggies||1 cup of black coffee or green tea + 2 saltine crackers||Black bean and veggies salad|
|Day 10||1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup water||Vegetable quinoa + 1 cup of green tea||Garbanzo bean chili + 1 tortilla + ½ avocado||1 cup of black coffee or green tea + 2 saltine crackers||Chicken clear soup|
Now, the main question is, how to maintain weight loss after the 10th day? Here are a few suggestions:
What To Do After 10 Days To Maintain Weight Loss?
- Continue being on a low-calorie diet. Choose a diet that fits your routine.
- Continue working out regularly.
- Get proper sleep and rest.
- Get a full medical checkup to find out the underlying reason for weight gain.
- Avoid junk food.
- Avoid consuming too much alcohol.
- Paste motivational quotes in your room to keep your weight loss game on track.
Infographic- 5 Simple Tips You Can Follow To Lose Weight At Home
Losing weight can be a challenge. However, with proper nutrition and a positive lifestyle, it is possible to shed those stubborn pounds. We have rounded up a few simple tips that will help you lose weight quickly and healthily in the infographic below! Scroll down to know more!
Losing weight in 10 days may seem impossible. However, certain lifestyle changes, diet modifications, and incorporating some form of exercise in your daily routine can help you get closer to your ideal weight. Consuming high-fiber foodsi XPlant-based foods that are rich in fiber and serve as good sources of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. For example, beans and legumes. while avoiding refined and simple sugars would help boost your digestion. Avoiding junk food, high sugar, and salt intake, and opting for a detox diet plani XA dietary method that aims to increase energy, circulation, and immunity by removing toxins from the body. would help cleanse your system and boost your metabolism overall. Drinking enough water and sticking to portion control is also important. While the amount of weight loss varies with age, sex, lifestyle, diet, and medical history, keeping yourself stress-free and active will help you see a visible difference soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I lose weight if I only drink water for 3 days?
Yes. However, this is not only unsafe but also dangerous for your health. Prolonged water fasting can have adverse effects on the body, like low blood sugar and low electrolyte levels. Make sure you have a well-constructed post-fasting meal plan ready (4).
How do you get a flat stomach overnight?
Even though the results will not be apparent overnight, try to avoid foods that cause bloating and eat lighter meals instead. Consistent long-term results can be achieved by combining a healthy balanced diet with a disciplined exercise regimen.
How can I lose 10 kgs in 10 days?
Cut out refined, processed foods with added sugars from your diet and eat nutritious vegetables and fruits instead. Keep a close eye on your calorie intake and make sure you follow a strict exercise regimen to shed your water weight.
- “Dietary Fiber” MedlinePlus, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- “Effects of low-carbohydrate and low-fat diets: a randomized trial.” Annals of Internal Medicine, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- “Decrease Portion Sizes” ChooseMyPlate, United States Department of Agriculture.
- “Is Water-Only Fasting Safe?” Global Advances in Health and Medicine.
- “Dietary Fiber” MedlinePlus, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
Here’s dietitian Jyoti Chabria talking about easy weight loss tips. Press play to hear her expert opinion.