10 Tips To Perfect The Art Of Cry-Proof Makeup
Never let tears ruin your flawless look, and ensure it stays longer with some amazing tips.
Crying is quite a natural human reaction. Tears do not wait for the perfect privacy of time and space, and that is why one must invest in good-quality cry-proof makeup.
Life may throw surprising curveballs at you, but you can ensure that you face them without makeup products streaming down your face and turning you into a zombie. The bleeding eyeliner and mascara just add to the awkwardness and discomfort you may already be in that moment.
We all want our makeup to last longer. However, the need for frequent touch-ups is frankly annoying! To perfect the art of cry-proof makeup, you must invest in good products and try out some insider tips and tricks discussed here. Keep scrolling!
Cry Proof Makeup Tips:
1. Cleanse –Your face needs to be totally clean without any traces of yesterday’s makeup to start with. When you wake up in the morning, you might have noticed some amount of oil on your face. This can be observed more if you have oily skin. This oil gets secreted while you sleep. With the oil, there will be traces of makeup which was supposed to have been removed. Any stray trace of makeup that remains on the skin comes out with the oil secretion at night when you are fast asleep. So don’t directly wash your face – take damp cotton and clean your face. After this, wash your face with face wash and pat dry. Your canvas is ready!
2. Primer –Start off with a primer like Studio Finish primers. Using primers holds your makeup in place for a longer time. Primers help the cosmetics to cling on to your skin longer and also, they conceal and brighten the skin to some extent.
3. Concealer –Apply concealer with a sponge moistened in plain water. Concealers cancel out skin imperfections and make you appear flawless. Use the appropriate concealers – under the eye, blemishes, acne etc. Get help if you need it. Ask the sales assistant.
[ Read: Arabic Bridal Eye Makeup Tutorial ]
4. Foundation – Apply the foundation with a sponge. Foundations help give a perfect canvas for the makeup looks. They make the skin appear even and also cancel out the imperfections. The pore size is minimized too.
5. Pat on some compact – Powder helps achieve a matte look and control oil secretion. In fact, the best way to look fresh is to dab the oil away with a light hand and apply compact. Try and use compacts with SPF for added sun protection.
6. Liner –Use a soft liner for the lips. Liners help define the lips – here is where you can also avoid bleeding on lipsticks. Take the lipstick of your choice, and using your finger tip, apply it to your lips. For longer stay, use a tissue and press your lips to it by keeping it between them. Now, again apply another coat of lipstick either with fingertips or a lip brush. This increases the staying power of the lipstick.
7. Gloss –Apply gloss if you want to. Gloss helps the lipstick stay longer as the stickiness is an added bonus.
8. Preparation –For cry proof eye makeup, make sure the skin around the eyes is prepped too – always follow the sequence that you followed for your face – first the primer, then the concealer and then the foundation!
9. Eye Shadow –Try and use a cream shadow rather than a powdered shadow. Creamy products obviously stay longer. Waterproof eyeliner will complete the look. Use a kajal which stays for a long time. Don’t forget the coat of waterproof mascara to open those beautiful eyes.
[ Read: Arabic Eye Makeup ]
You can try hyper-curling mascara like L’oreal Voluminous Carbon Lash that comes in a great waterproof formula. You can also use our very favorite Maybelline hyper curl volume express mascara.
10. Finishing Spray –Finish off with a finishing spray. There is nothing like it to hold your makeup.
So, ladies, now that you know everything you need to know about cry-proof makeup, you can laugh till you get that tummy ache and shed your happy tears. All the makeup tips and tricks shared in the article will ensure that your happy tears do not ruin your makeup and you look flawless till the day ends. All you have to do is follow the tips and practice till you get it all perfect. So go ahead and get started right away.
[ Read: Pink Eye Makeup Tutorial ]
How do you make your makeup stay longer? Shoot in comments and let us know!